Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Change is here

Slowly but surely these changes that has been talked about so much is finally taking place right here, right now. Sooner rather than later these changes, which started at the global level and logically travels top down, will finally reach my level the macai's. We will have to wait until then to see whats the impact like.

My guess is that the Mckinsey guys have got to have something to do will all these restucturing and cloud nine big ideas. Looking at how regularly things Mckinsey got featured in our intranet, it is easy for me to come to that assumption.

Having said that, having previously coming from an advisory outfit and a super lean cigarette organisation before that, it is quite obvious that a lot of things are done differently here, not necessarily in a good way. On the first day, I was quite suprised that I was served coffee by a tea lady, having getting used to bringing my own cup and make my own coffee, or in better times go to the coffee machine and choose one of them delightful coffee concoction on offer. It most probably is high time for major changes, and naturally that is discomforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment