Saturday, October 03, 2009

District 9

I finally got to see this movie and after all that hype and expectations this movie is a dissapointment for me. It is not bad, in fact its entertaining but tomatometer gave it 90% so huge expectaitons. This movie has been on my radar since I first saw the trailer. The main concept/storyline alone convinced me that this was gonne be a good one. But it flattered to deceive and it was almost like another Cloverfield. I watched Cloverfield and I was already bored after 20 minutes.

The main problem is that I just dont buy it. Fantastic concept but the details are all over the place its almost absurd. I didnt like the documentary style that acts also as the narrative, not convincing and seem to be intended to be some kind of a joke or parody, but I do think the intention was to make a serious scifi thriller. The hero is stupid/eccentric/hilarious.... whatever the intention it was just confusing and evoke mixed emotions. Perhaps this is a serious movie but because the acting, screenplay and other details are so bad it was totally not convincing and could be mistaken for a joke.

Other details that bothered me when i was supposed to be entertained:
1. Alien fuel can turn human being into a prawn..what??
2. Why is prawn so secretive about the fuel? (Humans want them gone right...)
3. What is the big deal with alien weapons? It doesnt look superior to human weapons on the movie does it?
2. Stupid/psychopath/crazy hero guy....
3. Why are the prawns not doing anything? Dont they have alien weapons? I tried to convince myself that they are too stupid to do anything.... but failed.
4. Just have a genius baby prawn who can fly a spaceship and what not... thats just lazy
5. Aliens and cat food obsession...???(it makes the whole thing seem to be intended as a joke)

It is just getting harder to be entertained

No comments:

Post a Comment