Sunday, November 08, 2009

The offshore visit aftermath

I have been feeling rather under the weather since the offshore trip couple days back. I just recovered from flu before the visit, and getting it again in just a few days is not normal to say the least. Not that I am getting the normal flu sindrome like runny nose, high temp and all that, its just dizzyness and feeling wanting to puke. I think I have figured it out... I might be having the 'land sickness'. Thats when supposedly the brain gets used to the rocking and movement at sea and finds being at land and keeping still disorienting. Its worst when one keeps still, and driving your car around helps. I think that explains everything, or maybe its just another case of me trying to self diagnose and thinking doctors dont know what they are doing.

Having said that, I went to a private hospital here in Miri and enquired about tamiflu before my Sydney trip, and got a blank look from the doctor. He said why would I want a diarrhoea medicine, and he said that with 100% confidence and authority, the look on his face was as if i was talking nonsense. Its just a case of clueless people who gets credibility and or noted just because they are confident. The drug does help with diarrhoea but with Sydney on the top of any swine flu list at that time, why would anybody going to Sydney ask about tamiflu?

No comments:

Post a Comment